The Christadelphians (which means Brethren in Christ) believe ALL Bible teachings, including:
- The Bible is the only true message from God. It was written entirely by the inspiration of His Holy Spirit power and is therefore totally reliable. 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
- God is One (not a Trinity). Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Corinthians 8:6. He made the world and has revealed His purpose for it. Isaiah 45:18.
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God, by which He works out His will. Job 26:13, Joel 2:28.
- Jesus is Son of God, because God was his Father, AND Son of Man, being born of Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35.
- Jesus overcame ALL temptation and became a perfect sacrifice for sin. His sacrifice can deliver the faithful from sin and death. Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 10:12-18, Acts 13:38-39.
- God raised Jesus from the dead. He ascended to heaven and will return to the earth. Acts 2:32-35, Acts 3:20-21.
- The Lord Jesus, when he returns, will judge those that are responsible, both from among the living and the dead, and give immortality to the faithful.
1 Thessalonians 4:14-18, 1 Corinthians 15:50-54, 2 Corinthians 5:10.
- Jesus will reign from Jerusalem as king over the whole earth, in fulfillment of the promises which God made to Abraham and David.
Genesis 12, 15, 22, 2 Samuel 7, Luke 1:30-33, Revelation 11:15.
- His immortalised servants will assist in establishing righteousness and peace on the earth. Revelation 2:26-27.
- Satan in the Bible means an adversary which can be good or evil. Numbers 22:22 ('adversary' is the same hebrew word elsewhere translated as 'satan'), 1 Kings 11:14. The Bible 'devil' is any false accuser.
John 6:70-71, Titus 2:3 ('false accusers' is the same greek word elsewhere translated as 'devil'). The real enemy is sin (Romans 7:7-11) which Christ overcame. Romans 8:3.
- When man dies, all consciousness ceases. Deliverance is by resurrection from the dead at Christ’s return. Ecclesiastes 9:5-10, 1 Corinthians 15:20-23.
- Belief in God’s coming Kingdom and the work of Jesus Christ; repentance from sin; adult baptism by total immersion, and following Christ’s teaching and example,
are all necessary for salvation. Mark1:14-15, Mark 16:15-16, Acts 4:10-12, 1 Peter 2:21-25.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119 verse 105